Have you ever come across a situation when you try to connect to the extender but it keeps on displaying Netgear WiFi extender not working or the network to which you are trying to connect is not available? Under such situations, there is nothing to worry about. This is a common problem and can be fixed with easy solutions.
The possible reasons for getting this error message on screen are:
- Setup not done properly: If you have performed the setup without implementing the tips given on the genie setup page, then the Wi-Fi may not connect to the existing home network. Another thing to look at here is the setup selected. If you are using the Mac computer, then click on Mywifiext local, and if you are using windows, then simply enter Mywifiext.
- The connection between the extender and computer not established: If the extender and the computer are not connected properly with each other during setup, then you will find a problem in connecting to the extender.
- Invalid IP address: For configuring the extender, you need to enter 192.168.1.250 in the address field. If this doesn’t work, then you can simply enter Mywifiext. Make sure the IP address is correctly entered or the name of the website is correct. Entering the wrong address may take you to a different page.
- Distance between the router and the extender: If the device is placed at a far distance from the router, then you will get a problem in using the extender. The wireless devices will not connect to the extender or it will not enhance the signal strength until it receives a proper signal from the router.
- Physical connections not proper: There are some physical connections required for maintaining proper signal strength in every corner of your house with the range extender. If you have connected the range extender with the ether cable, then check if it is broken or needs replacement.
Further information, you can get from the experts available online on different websites.