There are basically two ways to install the Netgear adapter.
- Netgear desktop genie setup
- Standalone driver installation.
We will discuss both the ways in our post.
- Insert Netgear installation CD in the computer. If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, then download it from the support Netgear page.
- If the CD doesn’t open automatically, then open the files manually and click on ‘Autorun.exe.’
- Tap ‘Setup’. You will find the ‘Software update check’ window on-screen with two options to install them.
- Connected to the internet: If you are connected to the internet, check for updates and once it is done, click ‘Continue’.
- Not connected to the internet: If there is no internet on a computer, then install from CD through guided instructions.
- Tap ‘I agree to terms and conditions’ and click ‘Next’.
- Once the installation gets a computer, you will be asked to insert the adapter.
- Insert USB adapter on the computer with or without dock.
- To use the desktop dock, insert a wireless adapter and connect the USB cable to the computer USB port.
- To use without a desktop dock, insert the adapter into any computer USB port.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- All the available networks within the area will be displayed on the Netgear Genie extender page.
- Select SSID and enter the password for the same if required.
- Tap ‘Connect’ and wait for the connection to get established.
Standalone driver installation
- Insert the CD into the drive. If there is no CD available, then download it online from the support page.
- Tap ‘Support’ and enter the extender model in the given field.
- If you don’t find the resource CD screen, then search for files and double-click on ‘Autorun.exe.’
- Select ‘Install windows, Standalone driver’.
- If asked, insert the adapter into the computer or desktop dock and connect the USB cable to the computer port.
- If you are using windows vista/7/8, then use ‘Autoconfig’ or for XP, use zero configuration to connect the computer to the wireless network.
This is how you can connect the Netgear AC7000 extender. If you are getting any issue, then contact technical experts available round the clock.