Stone crabs are generally found in the beaches of Florida, North California and Texas. From October through May, stone crab season is on. Claws are harvested and seafood lovers enjoy the sweet succulent meat.
However, if you can’t go to the beach, you can order stone crab claws online and enjoy its crisp and delicacy right at your home. Crabs have edible claws which are 2.5 inches long and are almost always cooked before you purchase. You only need to reheat them.
In this article, we will discuss how many ways their claws can be reheated in order to give you a nice and delicious taste ever after.
- Reheat with Hot Water
- Fill a large pot with water so that it will totally cover the claws.
- Bring the water to boil then remove the pot from heat.
- Place the crab into the boiled water in order to soak in at least 2 minutes
- Remove the claws using tongs and served with lemon wedges of butter
- Reheat in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350° for about 10 minutes.
- Place a single layer of crab on the baking sheet and then place it into the oven.
- Heat them to 5-10 minutes depending upon the size of the crab.
- Remove the sheet from the crab
- Now it is ready to serve.
Tips to be considered when reheating
- It is prefered to reheat the crab claws in the oven.
- Crack the claws first and cover the paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds. Check whether they are warm enough if it does not return them to a paper towel and then again microwave it for 10 minutes.
- Don’t microwave them for more than 30 minutes.
- Be careful when dealing with heated crabs claws.as they are extremely heated and might burn your hands.
It is very hard to beat the classic stone crab preparation. However, you should make the recipe at home i.e. more delicious and healthy. Check out here to know what are the things that would complement to stone crabs dish when you order online.